Social Worker - Learning Disability (Adults) - Lewisham
Lewisham are looking for social workers within their adults learning disability team!
1. Ensure service users and their carers receive timely and proportionate care management assessments of their needs that identify the outcomes they wish to achieve.
2. Promote service user independence and recovery, including the promotion of Enablement and linking the service user to community based services that enhance personal wellbeing.
3. To work as part of multi agency teams providing seamless health and social care services.
4. To ensure that service users and carers are involved in individualised and creative support planning, encouraging choice and control through the use of personal budgets, including Direct Payments as the default position
5. Work with Community Development Staff to help people access community based services.
6. Ensure that risk management and adult safeguarding procedures are adhered to in social work practice. Be aware of any potential children's safeguarding concerns and liaise as appropriate with Children's Social Care Services taking into account children's safeguarding procedures.
7. Carry out any assessments and service users reviews to a high standard in a timely manner in accordance with procedures reflecting the needs and outcomes of the service user and carer
8. Work with advocates and carers where the service user does not have mental capacity to achieve outcomes in his/her best interests.
9. Ensure the principles of the Mental Capacity Act are applied where appropriate.
10. Ensure that all relevant case work recording is made on appropriate electronic systems in an accurate and timely manner. To be responsible for update Service User and Carer information and identifying and rectifying missing or incorrect information.
11. Manage own work and use both professional supervision, and the Council's Performance Evaluation Scheme, as opportunities to seek advice and reflect on and develop practice.
12. Base decision making on research/evidence in consultation with others.
13. Prepare reports as required.
14. Work collaboratively with the lead officer, line manager and staff to provide positive peer challenge, and professional support to develop practice.
15. In personal professional practice (and that of supervised staff) promote an ethos of helping people help themselves or one another through initiatives to facilitate and support increased individual and community capacity. This includes utilising own resources, promoting social inclusion and community networks, reciprocal support and sustainable caring roles, through taking a strength based approach to assessment.
Rewards/Benefits of Working with Connect2SocialWork:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to C2SW
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
- Prompt and reliable payroll system
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £400 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- "Warm Welcome" bonus - get £250 when you secure a role through our agency*
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.