Social worker - Family Safeguarding - Surrey - Permanent
Surrey County Council are looking for permanent social workers within their family safeguarding service!
Surrey aims to work alongside families, to respect families and their rights, to work with them in partnership and with their informed consent, to recognise their strengths and help them identify their needs. Our overarching duty is to promote the upbringing of children within their families, where this is compatible with the welfare of the children.
Social workers in Surrey will be supported to develop high levels of skill in motivational practice which they will use to help parents identify the aspects of their lives/behaviours that they want to change and provide the help and support to families, on a partnership basis, that they need to support them in their change.
Benefits of working in Surrey
- Family Safeguarding model - implements in June saw children on CP plans drop from 1100 to 620 since its launch. Court applications and time required in court decreased due to this
- Welcome payment of £6000 (£1000 after 1 month, £2000 after 6 months, £3000 after 18 months)
- Can offer practise educator (limited spaces)
- Internal transfer scheme, roles are released internally too before looking outside
- Will consider international workers and offer sponsorship
- Service managers, assistant directors and directors all permanent staff
- Progression pathway
- Training package - induction, system training, family safeguarding training, mentoring scheme
Rewards/Benefits of Working with Connect2SocialWork:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to C2SW
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
- Prompt and reliable payroll system
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £400 for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- "Warm Welcome" bonus - get £250 when you secure a role through our agency*
Connect2SocialWork is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we have managed services in place with Hampshire County Council, Dudley Council, Surrey County Council and Luton Borough Council. We also provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.