Senior Social Worker - Disability Sevice - Dudley
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking to make the step up to a Senior Position? We are looking for a Senior Social Worker to join the team Dudley Disability Service.
Benefits of Working for Connect2socialwork:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to C2SW
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
- Prompt and reliable payroll system
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £400for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- "Warm Welcome" bonus - get £250when you secure a role through our agency*
- Proactively use supervision which includes reflective practice as well as organisational and
management aspects of the role.
- Deputise for the Assistant Team Manager/Team Manager as appropriate.
- Inform, guide and model good practice in the application of antidiscriminatory practice,
supporting others to recognise and challenge discrimination.
- Integrate the principles of social justice, social inclusion and equality into practice, enabling
access to independent advocacy where appropriate.
- Have detailed knowledge of legislative framework of Adult Social Care and to be able to
communicate legislative issues to other professionals and agencies, with a focus on key
legislation such as The Care Act, MCA, MHA & Human Rights.
- Have a critical knowledge and practical experience of a range of theories and models of
social work interventions with individuals, families, groups and communities and the methods
derived from them.
- Work in partnership with people who use services and carers, respecting their views and
promoting participation in decision making wherever possible, whilst recognising how and
when self determination might be constrained (by law).
- Represent the Directorate in Social Work matters in a way which promotes confidence in the
authority and the Social Work profession.
- Undertake duties in accordance with Directorate policies, procedures and guidance.
- Take responsibility to ensure partners in Children's services are alerted if you become aware
of any concerns in relation to the Safeguarding of Children.
- Manage and monitor a workload of complex cases involving risk and organise work activities
taking into account the need to prioritise tasks and responsibilities.
- Make threshold decisions about Safeguarding Concerns and lead Safeguarding Enquiries,
implementing Dudley's Adult Safeguarding Policy & Procedures whilst applying the principles
of Making Safeguarding Personal.
- Chair and facilitate planning and review meetings as required by Assistant Team
- Contribute to the resource/ budget management process.
- Undertake interviews, assessments, observations using appropriate frameworks and
applying information gathering skills to formulate plans to meet assessed needs consistent
independence through Direct payments & Personal Budgets.
- Work in partnership with people who use services, their families and a wide range of other
stakeholders to ensure the provision of quality, innovative services.
- Contribute to the development of community resources and have knowledge of local
resources, groups and networks that may contribute to enhanced outcomes for people.
- Take responsibility for identifying your own learning needs, taking responsibility for improving
your practice through appropriate continuing professional development.
- Contribute to the development of the organisations information strategy and systems, with
particular priority given to maintaining data quality.
- Share information in ways that meet legal, ethical and agency requirements.
- SWE Registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Drive and have access to a car
- Post-qualified experience
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Connect2SocialWork is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we have managed services in place with Hampshire County Council, Dudley Council, Surrey County Council and Luton Borough Council. We also provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS check and references. *Terms and conditions apply.
If this sounds like the type of role you are looking for please get in contact on 07720173648 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.