Permanent Social Worker
Connect2socialwork are looking for Qualified Social Workers to join West Sussex Children's Social Services on a permanent basis. They currently have vacancies in the below teams:
Assessment and Intervention
West Sussex County Council are ambitious for their children and their workforce. They are committed to improving their services for the children and families in West Sussex they support. You will join them at a key time on their improvement journey. The work they have started includes establishing a new and experienced leadership team driving forward their 'Children First' improvement plan.
- Able to analyse and interpret information and data, prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Able to work proactively as a member of the team to make accurate assessments of needs and negotiate and implement effective outcomes.
- Able to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and external agencies to deliver an effective service.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to others and use negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage others to adopt a course of action.
- Able to recognise limits of own accountability and responsibility and seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A recognised Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent as recognised by the relevant professional body.
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and maintaining registration with that body.
- Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with complex issues, for example, attachment, impact of developmental trauma and child development.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
- Fully funded apprenticeships (e.g. management)
- Access to up to £10,000 loan upon completion of probation period
- Free parking/paid for parking at office location
- Access to pool cars
- Social Work England fees paid
- Discounts and benefits through West Sussex Choices
- Salary sacrifice car scheme through Tusker upon completion of probation period
- Employee Wellbeing e.g. mental health first aiders, team time, online yoga, EAP
If interested in this role or any others, please contact Lisa Hallinan on 07955433801 or email a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Connect2SocialWork is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we have managed services in place with Hampshire County Council and Luton Borough Council. We also provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS check and references.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.