Advanced Social Worker - Assessment Team - Surrey
Are you an experienced Social Worker looking for a Senior Role? Surrey County Council are looking for an Advanced Social Worker for its Assessment Team.
Benefits of Working for Connect2socialwork:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to C2SW
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
- Prompt and reliable payroll system
- "Refer a Friend" bonus - get £400for each social worker you refer who we successfully place*
- "Warm Welcome" bonus - get £250when you secure a role through our agency*
- Take professional responsibility for managing a complex caseload which will include individuals, children, carers and families who require support and guidance.
- Demonstrate confident and effective judgement about risk and accountability in decision-making and be able to sustain engagement with fluctuating circumstances and capacities, including where there is hostility and risk.
- Use assessment procedures discerningly in response to the presenting needs and to ensure that a proportionate assessment is completed in a way that enables maximum participation.
- Use professional judgement, employing a range of interventions: promoting independence,
providing support and protection, taking preventative action and ensuring safety whilst balancing rights and risks.
- Take the lead in managing positive interventions that prevent deterioration in health and
wellbeing whilst safeguarding people at risk of abuse or neglect.
- Undertake assessment and planning for safeguarding in more complex cases, and support
colleagues by utilising safeguarding skills, in line with current policies and procedures.
- Play a leading role in practice development, help promote and sustain a learning culture and
mentor less experienced staff.
- Deliver formal professional reflective supervision and provide guidance and advice regarding
casework to less experienced qualified staff.
- Where required, take the role of practice educator (or train as a practice educator) for students and the role of ASYE assessor and supervisor for newly qualified social workers in the team.
- As part of the supervision and appraisal process provide support with personal and professional development.
- Share and present professional knowledge and expertise to colleagues within the team and with other partners.
- Take professional and personal responsibility for clear recording of analysis and judgements,
maintaining up to date case work records on the database as required by Surrey County Council.
- Take responsibility for working within the Directorate's data protection policies.
- To uphold the values and behaviours of the organisation.
- To work inclusively, with a diverse range of stakeholders and promote equality of opportunity.
- To maintain high standards of Health, Safety and Welfare at work and take reasonable care for the health and safety of themselves and others.
- SWE Registration
- Eligible to work in the UK
- Drive and have access to a car
- Post-qualified experience in Assessment
- Degree level or equivalent in Social Work
Connect2SocialWork is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we have managed services in place with Hampshire County Council, Dudley Council, Surrey County Council and Luton Borough Council. We also provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS check and references. *Terms and conditions apply.
If this sounds like the type of role you are looking for please get in contact on 07720173648 or email your CV to email@example.com
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.