Children's Safeguarding Social Worker
Children's Social Workers
Connect2Staff have exciting opportunities for locum Social Workers to work in the Safeguarding team for Gloucestershire County Council.
The Safeguarding teams are working with children and families through children in need plans and child protection plans as well as undertaking court work and support children as they enter care and plan their permanence. Teams are locality based and are looking for social workers in the following locations: Cotswolds, Stroud, Cinderford and Tewkesbury.
Pay is up to £35ph depending on experience. Gloucestershire also offer up to £100 per week towards accommodation and mileage.
Social workers have on average around 18 caseloads to ensure the appropriate support and intervention is in place. Gloucestershire also offer flexible working and give social workers modern laptops and smart phones.
Initial 3 month contracts with the chance to be extended.
Candidates will ideally have:
- Have at least 2 years' experience of working as social worker, ideally in a similar role
- HCPC registration
- Be self-motivated and able to use own initiative
- Be able to work under pressure and in stressful and challenging situations
- Be able to demonstrate sensitivity, vigilance and professionalism in their work
- Have a can-do attitude and flexible approach
- Eligible to work in the UK
Benefits of working for Connect2Staff:
- Free DBS and compliance service
- Access to a wide range of roles nationwide, as well as exclusive roles to C2S
- Your own dedicated consultant with extensive knowledge
- Reward schemes such as Refer a Friend
- Prompt and reliable payroll system
- Work for an agency owned by Kent County Council
If interested in this role or any other, please contact Sian Homer on 01622 237009 or email a CV to email@example.com.
Connect2Staff is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we can provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS check and references.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.