Qualified Social Worker - Permanent
Connect2socialwork are looking for Qualified Social Workers to join Medway Council Children's Social Services on a permanent basis. They currently have vacancies in the below teams:
Children Social Work Team
Children In Care
Regional Adoption Agency
Medway Council Council are ambitious for their children and their workforce. They are committed to improving their services for the children and families in Medway they support.
- Able to analyse and interpret information and data, prioritise needs and formulate plans for intervention and service provision.
- Able to work proactively as a member of the team to make accurate assessments of needs and negotiate and implement effective outcomes.
- Able to work in partnership with carers, colleagues and external agencies to deliver an effective service.
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively in both written and oral format, including the ability to explain complicated information to others and use negotiation and persuasion skills to encourage others to adopt a course of action.
- Able to recognise limits of own accountability and responsibility and seek appropriate support, advice and supervision.
Qualifications and/or experience:
- A recognised Social Work qualification e.g. Degree in Social Work, DipSW, CQSW or equivalent as recognised by the relevant professional body.
- Registration with the relevant professional registration body and maintaining registration with that body.
- Knowledge of theoretical Social Work concepts and practices, with demonstrable examples of dealing with complex issues, for example, attachment, impact of developmental trauma and child development.
- Experience of effectively coaching and supervising others, acting as practice role model and promoting exemplary practice.
- Experience of managing levels of risk within a caseload.
- Manageable caseloads of no more than 15
- Individual and Group Supervisions
- Clear Career Progressions and continuous professional development pathways
- Hybrid working, flexitime and 9 day working fortnight available
- 27 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Retention payments and market premia allowance
- Workplace health and well being initiatives
- Relocation expenses up to £8,000
- Car allowance and parking
- Plus many more
If interested in this role or any others, please contact Jack Best on 01622 236625 or email a CV to email@example.com
Connect2SocialWork is wholly owned by Kent County Council. In addition to our links with KCC, we have managed services in place with Hampshire County Council and Luton Borough Council. We also provide available work with the majority of the local authorities nationwide. Our commitment to you is we will work proactively and tirelessly to market you until we find you that perfect role.
All posts are subject to satisfactory DBS check and references.
Connect2Staff/Connect2Kent, part of Commercial Services Trading/Kent Ltd, is an equal opportunities Employment Agency & Business and positively encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible candidates.